[PD] Data structures: no object for freeing pointers?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 21 10:00:58 CEST 2013

> Yes with visibility setting we can access an element of an array only,
> so each state can be stored, retrieved, replaced at will by accessing an
> element of te array... The matter is how accessing an element, idealy it
> would be a [nbx] where max value is the number of array elements, or a

that's very easy, just get the number of elements from the array's
pointer, and send it as [max $1( to the nbox (or whichever command defines
the limits, I don't have Pd open).

> scalar but I don't how it's possible to fix limits to [drawnumber]

I think not from the gui. Unless you enforce it programatically: route the
"change" output from the [struct] in the template, and use it to force the
maximum number to a [set] object. Like:

[struct drawnumber...]

[route change]

[50(  (assuming 50 is the current max number)

[set drawnumber...]

In a parallel part, the current pointer gets and sets the maximum number
of elements (now at 50)

Look at the current help file for [drawnumber] for more details.