[PD] Direct-from-disk audio with position, loop, varispeed

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Tue Oct 8 17:23:35 CEST 2013

On 8 Oct 2013, at 16:12, Jamie Bullock <jamie at jamiebullock.com> wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2013, at 15:37, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jamie,
>> thanks for the effort! - would you mind sending me the binary?
>> Please also let me know whether it works for your task.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded the binary here: http://d.pr/f/UkwJ
>
> We're using readanysf~ for now since there are ready-built binaries for both Mac and Windows we can just drop into our deployment builds with curl.

Just to clarify, the advantage of readanysf~ here is that it is "packaged" with the requisite dependencies. I find this very helpful, and I don't think it would take much to package up fsplay~ in a similar way i.e. with libsndfile, libvorbis or whatever zipped up in the same directory as fsplay~ with the "rpaths" in the binary modified accordingly.

Of course, I also appreciate you are maintaining a massive amount of externals, not just this one, so the above approach may be unfeasible.

Jamie