[PD] error compiling [hid] for Pd-0.45-3 on OS X 10.8.5

IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Fri Jun 13 08:17:35 CEST 2014

On 06/12/2014 06:02 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis via Pd-list wrote:
> I'm trying to compile [hid] for Pd vanilla (0.45-3) on OS X 10.8.5 and I
> get this error:
> HID Utilities Source/HID_Utilities_External.h:64:9: error: mac68k alignment
> pragma is not supported on this target
> #pragma options align=mac68k
>
> I've no idea what 'pragma' is and how to solve this. I'm on a 5,2 macbook
> with 32bit OS.

find the offending line in the source-code (according to the error
message it is in line 64 of "HID Utilities
Source/HID_Utilities_External.h" ) and disable it.

> Another (minor) thing is that whenever I try to make an object or library,
> I get an error that the compiler can't find m_pd.h and I have to change the
> header file and use an absolute path. I know that this is not good
> practice

it's not bad practice. it's hell.

> , but how can I solve this?

fix the makefile?
if the Makefile in question is somewhat standard, you should be able to
do so without having to touch any file, simply by appending the correct
PD_INCLUDE definition (PD_INCLUDE is a variable pointing to the path
where the Pd-headers live) to the make command.
e.g.
$ make PD_INCLUDE=/Applications/Pd.app/Contents/Resources/src/

(or whereever your Pd-headers really live)

unfortunatly some older build-system (afaict, hid is one of them) are
somewhat broken, as the append "/pd" to the PD_INCLUDE variable. in this
case you might try:
$ make CFLAGS="-I/Applications/Pd.app/Contents/Resources/src/"

fmdaf
IOhannes