[PD] update Pd on Odroid-U3 running on Debian Jessy

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:31:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com> wrote:

> it seems that gconf2 and python are the issue, that jackd2 depends on
> gstreamer then the version you have depends on gconf and it depends on
> python but you do not have python.

I did install python, but then running "sudo apt-get install puredata"
yields:

puredata is already the newest version.
required:
  alsa-utils libfftw3-3 libjson0 libreadline5
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 556 not upgraded.

Though "/usr/bin/pd -version" yields:
Pd-0.46.0 ("") compiled 15:53:57 Aug 29 2014

I though that the Debian Jessie repositories have Pd-0.46-2, or am I wrong?

> did you upgrade to jessie from an earlier debian?

No

> perhaps try to install python, then gconf2 before trying again with
> puredata.

The Odroid indeed didn't have python installed, but it did have gconf2.