[PD] [data structures] array within an array, pd draw window scale/background canvas colour...

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon May 25 12:54:49 CEST 2015

hello, I didn't try yet pd-0.46 but with pd-0.45 it should be the same
thing...

Le 24/05/2015 14:29, jamal crawford a écrit :
> hey List
>
> 0.
> I try to create an rarray within an array, but every time I try to type
> [struct array arrayWithin arrayWithin-template] in arrays template (both
> before and after creation a template for arrayWithin), pd crashes. It
> seems like I lack some basic order rules for creating templates. Can
> anybody point me to where to look? I use 5.array.pd patch in docs, if
> anybody could tweak it to work, i'd send you nice organic coffee
> beans/wine, whereever you reside :-)

...there is a bug since the very begining of puredata, if you don't
delete data and modify your structure pd will crash

also I think this is not a good idea to draw arrays within arrays,
because bindings doesn't work anymore within arrays
> 1.
> Is it possible to change the drawing layer order in the drawing window,
> it seems like the last drawn object always appears on top. My idea was
> to create a drawpolygon to be the canvas behind the drawing. Or is there
> another way to do it?
what about simply putting a canvas instead?
> 2.
> Is it possible to dynamically change the scaling of drawing window as
> you do in properties with X and Y units from within pd?
donecanvasdialog message is designed to do this
> 3.
> Is there a "human" way to draw with 3d perspective in mind or do I need
> to read the h** lot on vectors and stuff, and rescale the whole
> multiverse? Any links would be more valuable then truth and will be
> taken with a gentle hand of thank you.
openGL is doing this, maybe you should use Gem for your interface?