[PD] FUDI between pd and xwindows client

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Oct 18 19:14:34 CEST 2015

On 10/18/2015 07:25 AM, Billy Stiltner wrote:
> searching for xlib and tcp mostly brings up info about ssh to remote x
> server or similar.
> Am not finding any info about how to program sockets inside an opengl and
> xlib program.

that's because they are unrelated.
search for documentation on how to implement sockets for the networking
part.
search for documentation about xlib to build the X-part (seriously?
writing xlib applications sounds a bit like you missed the last 20 years).
search for documentation about openGL to build the opengl part.

but there's little point in searching for information that combines all
three.

> Maybe I ought to read the xlib manual.  Would I just copy the u_pdsend and
> u_pdrecieve functions  inside my code?

that's probably an overkill.
FUDI is really super-simple: it's just strings that are terminated by
";" (and a newline, iirc).

> Or is there tcp  sockets built in to the event
> handling?

no.
(assuming that by the "event handling" you mean the X event handling).
do it manually.

mgfsar
IOhannes