[PD] Nettles. Was: Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:43:23 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Not all operating systems like the '<' and '>' in the object names
>

> I'm aware there's some issue of OS not liking such object names, but I
> don't get it.
>
> For example, [<] and [>] are vanilla objects, don't they load in every OS?

They load because they are built-in so Pd doesn't need to go to the OS
filesystem to find them. It's only when the name is used as part pf a path
(like C:/pd/extra/<~.dll) that the problem shows up. I would suggest using
[lt] and [gt] for 'less than' and 'greater than' as is done in many
assembly languages.

Martin