[PD] Nettles. Was: Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:36:16 CET 2016

> It's only when the name is used as part pf a path
> (like C:/pd/extra/<~.dll) that the problem shows up.

Ok, but I still don't get how this problem manifests itself.

Don't the externals load in every OS? Particularly, don't the cyclone
objects load on every system even when declared? Because they do on MAC OS
when declared.

And why do I need to use the [hexloader] object to load [<~] and [>~] from
zexy?

> I would suggest using [lt] and [gt] for 'less than' and 'greater
> than' as is done in many assembly languages.

In fact, in Max, you can load [>~] as [greaterthan~], all the nettles
objects have actually other such names

[greaterthaneq~] for [>=~], [lessthan~] and [lessthaneq~] for [<~] and [<=~]

[equals~] for [==~]

[notequals~] for [!=~]

[plusequals~] for [+=~]

[rminus~] for [!-~] ([rminus] for [!-])