[PD] dependency issue installing pd-extended in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Gerhard Lang lang.gerhard at gmail.com
Sun May 15 00:04:18 CEST 2016

Hi enrike,
I don't see any reason to run an obsolete pd v 0.43.4-1 under Ubuntu
16.04 because there are fine pd v 0.46.7 extensions in the repos. I
think, with a little path configuration and perhaps adding some missing
libs  you will get most of your old patches running.
 From 15.10 to 16.04 the libgsl-stuff has been upgraded and is no longer
downward compatible.
But if you absolutely urge a running pd v 0.43 you will have to
recompile: manually edit the  build depency from  "libgsl0-dev" to
"libgsl-dev" and in the debian control files  "libgsl0ldbl" to "libgsl2".
Without warranty, other important libs might have been upgraded too.
I myself prefer Ivica Ico Bukvic's pd-l2ork  for it's clarity (I think
its based on 0.43) and I had to proceed in the manner described above to
get a installable .deb for Ubuntustudio 16.04. The pd-l2ork-team
inofficially announced to upgrade soon.
best regards
Gerhard