[PD] Deken and Dependencies

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 20 17:07:44 CEST 2016

On 07/20/2016 04:23 PM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:

> What will be the problem for a linux system to look for the 3th party
> Lib in the same folder as the ext (which needs it) if it can't find
> anywhere else in the local system?
>
> IYO this is adding cruft?

yes.

> We are discussing Deken dependencies and abs sharing.

thanks for the reminder :-)

> And also I`m following *your* good idea that a deken pkg must be “self
> operational”.

yes.

> Lets have the “normal ubuntu” users a more practical way of Pd while
> “super users” like you can do all the “$ sudo apt-get install
> pd-deken-apt” thing.

i think you misunderstood that (most likely because you are not using
linux).
the idea is, that anybody who installed "puredata" (the core Pd-vanilla
package distributed on Debian and derivatives), also has  "pd-deken-apt"
installed (automatically).
there is nothing "super user" to that.

gsmdr
IOhannes