[PD] include libpd? (Re: plans for Pd 0.48)

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:07:12 CET 2017

actually, i was curious about that myself but sort of on both tangents. at
the higher end i'm using Unity and PD vanilla via Kalimba and would
definitely like to use it without involving too much extra as it is in that
situation.

but the embedded factor is pretty important too. i've been checking out
Bela which has to compile PD patches using Heavy as well as using Xenomai
to make PD work efficiently (and Heavy doesn't support a lot of objects at
the moment). i would imagine that Johannes Taelmann was considering
something like PD for his Axoloti but couldn't make it work performance
wise and so decided to roll his own graphic patching setup instead.

best,
scott