[PD] Purr Data rc4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 16:51:14 CET 2017

> I`ll try, but never did "data structures" in Pd yet.
You can create them just like regular objects in Purr Data, and you can change the visual
attributes with simple Pd messages.  That makes them much easier to learn.
>>> this one could be edited through “devtools”? Perhaps?
>> Yes, that's certainly possible.
> So you liked the [htmlcanvas]?
I may have misunderstood.  I was talking about an object to hold an html5 canvas, which
is a 2d drawing surface.
I don't see the value in putting a web page inside an object box.
For example-- suppose someone opens one of your patches where you have
ggee/image centered on the canvas.  If the user has a tiny screen (like an rpi
touchscreen) they may try to decrease the width of the window in order to
make it fit the screen.  But in that case your ggee/image is no longer centered--
the user would have to make an additional adjustment in edit mode to move the
ggee/image to the left and manually center it again.
One could poll the window width and use an external to automatically reposition
the ggee/image.  But that's really hard, esp. compared to css which for all its faults
handles this issue with elegance and ease.

> I do.
> I also liked he opening of html files, but probably we go back there later.
I do, too.
-Jonathan