[PD] Pd GUI poor performance

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Thu Apr 6 12:27:32 CEST 2017

Another solution could be to reduce the maximum number of messages
sent to the gui per tick. IIRC this is a #define somewhere in the
sources and you'd have to recompile pd, but I did this once on an
advice of Miller and it worked very well (except for the slow gui
framerate).

Apart from that there is an external called speedlim (you could also
build that as an abstraction using vanilla) which might be more
elegant than using a global metro.

--
Orm