[PD] pd~ -nogui subprocess [stdout]

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:36:50 CEST 2017

Hi list,

I've recreated a problem I'm having with [pd~] using -nogui in the attached
patches. The subprocess patch simply sends a bang and a stream of random
numbers to [stdout]. When running the subprocess with a GUI, I get the
expected behavior (data sent to [stdout] in the subprocess appears at the
outlet of [pd~] in the master process). When I run it with -nogui, nothing
appears at the outlet of [pd~].

I looked around for a thread or bug tracker issue on this, but didn't see
anything. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong here?

Pd 0.48.0
Mac OS 10.11.6

Thanks,
William

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com