[PD] Issues with Gem 0.39-3 on OS X via Deken in Pd

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:34:11 CEST 2017

I have the basic pix_film working with AVFoundation, but there is a memory leak I haven't tracked down. I imagine it might take another week or two for the other objects. As before, I *might* be able to find the time again more in December after a few more major projects are out of the way. So far, my development time on this has largely been for weeklong stints in Dec for this reason. :)

The main issue for me is that I just haven't had the time to focus on it as Gem is not a high priority for my own work, although I do think it is important for Pd usage in general. OTOH I've been deep into Pd vanilla details right now since that's something I use more in general, so open source time follows need/interest.

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net <mailto:ch at chnry.net>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Issues with Gem 0.39-3 on OS X via Deken in Pd
>
> hello,
> I don't use OSX, but having Gem not being cross platform is a problem.
> so I think "get money, pay a coder." should be considered.
>
> Since we are many being upset by the current Gem situation, I hope that a subscription should gather a decent amount of money.
>
> Dan, Antoine, or anyone else : How long do you think it would need to get pix_video, pix_film (and all other object that are currently not working on osX), and to get a Gem binary for osX 32 and 64 bits?
> and how much money would you need to add this work on your TODO list?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>