[PD] data structures arrays and Control / Shift keys

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:43:33 CEST 2017

Playing around with data-structures today, I discovered some unexpected features. It seems that the Control and Shift keys change the behavior of how the mouse interacts with data structure arrays. I'm not sure I fully understand it yet, but from what I can work out:

1. Holding down the Shift key and clicking on a point moves that point and every further point on the same array.
2. Holding down the Control key and clicking on a point creates a new point in that array.

For an example, go to 4.data.structures --> 11.array.controls.pd. Try clicking on the red data structure at the top of the "data11" sub-window with the Control and Shift keys pressed.

Is this behavior documented anywhere? I'd like to get a better handle on it, as it might prove useful.

Liam