[PD] anti-aliasing filtering (was Re: a slightly nicer saturator than tanh~)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:04:11 CEST 2017

> I don't understand.
> can you share your patch?
> thanks

What don't you understand? Anyway, here's a patch. I was exaggerating,
actually is not that 512 is still not good enough, it seems it is ok, but
it's just an insane amount of oversampling to achieve a nice anti-aliasing
filter, and it goes over 80% CPU load on a previous generation, top of the
food chain, macbook pro. Here's a patch where you can test different
oversampling factors. If you go to 64, for instance, seems still bad for
what I hoped for.

Anyway, I usually go to 16x, which seems like a good compromise.

cheers