[PD] [PD-announce] else 1.0 beta 5 released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 14:25:15 CET 2017

yeah, that was intentionally removed, but the help file wasn't updated. Now
it has though.

If you want to create an impulse from a bang, use now [impseq~]

Generating impulses from bangs is something you can find in other
externals, like [ciclone/click~], so I didn't want to make one object just
for that and have it as one of the features of a more complex object. In
this case, it's an "impulse sequencer".

Now, as for trigger~, sorry, but it's going away in the next release. I'm
still in this experimental phase, designing many objects, and sometimes I
find redundancy. So I had a [togedge~] and [trigger~] object but was
designing a third one named [past~], which ended up encompassing
functionalities found in both of these other two objects, and I also hated
the names of the former two objects, so they're both being deprecated and
deleted.

This is mostly why I'm keeping the project at a beta stage, cause I'm still
not sure about the design of these tools, they're all pretty new. Once I'm
sure I have it right (even though I might regret it in the future) I'll
call it a final version and make the commitment that whatever I have there
will be there forever.

so take precaution (I'm actually warning this pretty clearly in every
release)

cheers