[PD] Gem / [pix_movie] trouble: "no movie decoding backends found"

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Tue Feb 12 09:12:50 CET 2019

Hi Carlos,

Am Montag, den 11. Februar 2019 um 22:06:14 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Carlos
Franke:

> Ok, I hear you and will not try deken for Gem again. I'm going to see
> if I can package Gem for Arch.

That would be cool! I just gave it a shot: In order to get current Gem
to configure on a current Arch system, I had to downgrade automake to
1.15 (arch is on 1.16). Then it compiled fine here, but it might be
necessary to add some dependencies for external libs.

Here is the output of the ./configure:

 used optional libraries:

  font-rendering         : FTGL
     default font        :

  image-support
    use ImageMagick      : yes (MagickCore7)
    use QuickTime        : yes
    use ImageIO          :
    use TIFF             : yes
    use JPEG             : yes
  moviefile-support
    use PLUGINS          : no (using  backend)
    use mpeg             : no
    use mpeg-3           : no
    use QuickTime        : yes
    use AVFoundation     :
    use aviplay          : no
    use gmerlin          : no
  capture-support
    use PLUGINS          : no (using  backend)
    use v4l              : yes (libv4l)
    use v4l2             : yes (libv4l)
    use ieee1394         : yes (libdc1394)
    use DV               : yes
    use Unicap           : yes
    use Video-for-WinDOS : no
    use QuickTime        : yes
    use AVFoundation     :

Concerning moviefile support it looks pretty bad (no mpeg, mpeg-3,
aviplay and gmerlin). But before digging deeper into it, it might be
wise to find out, how far it can even get on linux. I also don't know
what PLUGINS means in this context and whether it is bad that Gem
doesn't seem to use it.

Maybe IOhannes can comment on this.

--
Orm