[PD] Implementing compressor as a patch?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 04:45:49 CEST 2019

Howdy, I'm giving a try at how to implement a compressor as a Pd patch.
This is what I came up with, it needs cyclone 0.3! Here's a screenshot. I'm
using rms average to detect the gain level and rampsmooth~ to perform
attack/release. I wouldn't know how to do it in Vanilla...

[image: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 23.42.22.png]

Seems rough and rudimentary. It's more of an intuitive approach, as I don't
know much about compressor design.

I'm hoping to get feedback from you people on how to implement a compressor
in Pd as a patch and how and why this approach is "ok" and can be improved,
or if it's all terribly wrong.

Are there any other attempts to implement compession in Pd out there?

Thanks
Cheers