[PD] tcpserver and tcpclient

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 30 22:22:48 CEST 2020

On 3/30/20 9:29 AM, Edwin van der Heide wrote:
> My problem is that iemnet/tcpclient outputs the the received messages as bytes in individual messages instead of a list.

actually it's the other way round: mrpeach/tcpclient outputs the
received messages as lists instead of bytes.

assuming that you get full messages over a stream-based protocol will
sooner or later bite you¹.
so, as roman said, the behaviour of iemnet is quite intentional.

in any case, you need to solve the problem of interleaved messages from
multiple clients.

On 3/30/20 2:32 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>> Tcpserver however does output the received messages as list.
> Which one? [iemnet/tcpserver] does not, as far as I know. See above
> reasons.

actually it can be forced to do that. but you shouldn't.

famrds
IOhannes

¹ i'm tempted to ask you to consider whether your crashes might actually
be related to this. but then, most likely they are not.