[PD] Catalina makes Pd take too long to load externals? + Other annoyances.

hans w. koch hansw.koch at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:34:21 CEST 2020

(had replied to this earlier, but to alexandre only, by mistake.)

that annoying behaviour is called notarization and should protect the galaxy from evil bananas.
the delay could be caused by the notarization process checking against an internal database of good actors and in case there is no entry trying to do so online.
i´ve heard you can kill all this by turning off SIP (sytem integrity protection), but i am on mojave, which is slightly less annoying.

in addittion, if some brave soul on cataline wants to check if that assumption about notarization is true, there is some info here:
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/117896
so the test would be to measure with and without that stuff…but thats certainly not a generally recommandable case.

best
hans