[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test2 for Macontosh - another try at code signing

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sat May 30 16:43:57 CEST 2020

Hi all, thanks very much for this work.

I'm testing on Catalina 10.15.5. I installed Pd-0.51-0test2 when I had
System Integrity Protection and Gatekeeper disabled. I got an initial
warning asking if I wanted to open the software, and a request for
microphone access the first time I turned on DSP. Also got a dialog
confirming that I wanted to allow network comm when loading a patch with
[netsend]/[netreceive]. After that, I've had no issues, and all of the
externals I've tried so far are working with no increased load time that I
can notice. I've used ofelia, tof, hcs, timbreID, and a DSP extern of mine
for a current project - all working fine.

Since that initial run I re-enabled SIP and Gatekeeper to see if that would
affect performance. After reboot, it brought up the above
warning/confirmation dialogs again, but then no problems and still no
increased loading times here.

PS: I happen to have a project that involves lots of TCP messaging between
remote networked players and we're meeting twice weekly these days, so I
can look for any issues related to network performance. And I'm happy to
test/confirm any specific details of this release - I have the
blessing/curse of 3 separate machines running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, Mac OS
Catalina, and Windows 10.

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 4:07 AM Kevin Haywood via Pd-list <
pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> For me, on almost-latest macOS (10.15.4, although 10.15.5 just came out),
> test2 will not load externals at all.
>
> I get the "… couldn’t create” message in the Pd Window, but whereas
> previously I could quit Pd, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
> and there would be a little message telling me the last piece of software
> that was blocked (and allowing me to unblock it), that message no longer
> appears.
>
> To make matters worse, when I go back to 0.50-2, none of my externals will
> load there, either, now that I’ve run test2.
>
> Yikes!
> Kevin
>

> > On May 29, 2020, at 4:01 PM, Miller Puckette via Pd-announce <
> pd-announce at lists.iem.at> wrote:
> >
> > To Pd-announce:
> >
> > Pd 0.51-0test2 is up.  It should fix the code signing problem in test1
> ofr
> > Macintoshes.  No difference from test1 on other OSes.
> >
> > http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.htm
> >
> > cheers
> > Miller

William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com