[PD] playing gematrias

Aaron Mehl mehlzaidy770 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 02:56:10 CEST 2020

Hi all,
I am new to pd and to this list.
Many years ago I created a composition based on the numerology of Hebrew letters and words. Currently I want to expand on this in a number of ways.
first by translating the numerical value of a Hebrew word into a frequency and then using the rhythm of the spoken word as its played rhythm. I sorta envisioned using the frequency as a sample to be sounded via midi. Maybe I could also  use the gematrias to create tones with each number representing an overtone.

My question is whether pd is the correct tool to do this or I would be better served with using something else.  And what would be the best way to do this.
Thank you,
Aaron