[PD] [PD-announce] [vstplugin~] v0.4.0 released!

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat Sep 5 23:59:56 CEST 2020

I'm happy to announce the release of [vstplugin~] v0.4.0 - a Pd external
to load VST plugins on Windows, macOS and Linux!

Binaries are available on Deken or can be downloaded here:
https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/-/releases
<https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/-/releases>

If possible, please report any issues at
https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/issues, otherwise leave a comment here:
https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/13013/vstplugin-v0-4-0-released

---

Here are the major new features:

  *

    automatic bit bridging (load 32-bit plugins on a 64-bit Pd and vice
    versa).

  *

    |[open(|: new flags "-p" for sandboxing and "-b" for bridging. Both
    options allow plugins to crash safely without taking down the Pd.
    This can be handy for buggy/unstable plugins (especially during live
    shows :-)

  *

    |[open(|: new "-t" flag for multithreading (process plugins in
    seperate helper threads to utilize more CPU cores)

  * |[latency(| message is sent whenever the plugin's processing latency
    changes

See the release page for the full change log.

Have fun!

Christof