[PD] pd~ -nogui process with Gem [scopeXYZ]

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sun Apr 11 17:57:51 CEST 2021

hello,

you need to send a message [pd~ start -nogui patch.pd< to your [pd~] object so it open your patch without gui.

Since pd and pd~ are synchronised at sample rate, if one of the process lag, the other will also lag. So it's not a good way to separate Gem from the audio.

Solution are :
- reduce Gem framerate so it did not create audio dropout
- use 2 puredata process that are not synchronised, and pass the audio from one to the other (using shmem by example), but Gem will not be faster, and you will get about the same frame as the previous solution
- use faster hardware

you can search pd archive here : https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/

cheers