[PD] '$0' in messages again, another proposal? (Was: Pd 0.52 test 2 is out)

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Dec 1 21:34:15 CET 2021

> what if we introduce double dollar syntax to grab patch arguments?
Actually, I already thought about that. The problem is that "$" is only
interpreted as a dollar or dollarsym if it is followed by a number. So
currently "$$" is not a reserved token, meaning that "$$" is a valid
symbol. We *could* reserve it, but we risk breaking some patches.
Assuming that only very few patches will be affected by this change, we
might decide that extending the functionality of message boxes is more
important.

Christof