[PD] '$0' in messages again, another proposal?

Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Dec 3 00:12:15 CET 2021

Init message boxes and sends are a clear place where $0 expansion is
beneficial. The reason why I don't use those in pd-l2ork anymore is because
pd-l2ork has had for quite some time universal preset system (preset_hub
and preset_node objects) that can pinpoint just about any basic object or
an array even in situations where you have multiple instances of the same
abstraction and differentiate between them. This means that a variable that
exists in two identical instances of the same abstractions will each be
identified as unique and different. Note that in the K12 beginner mode,
that is unique to pd-l2ork, every abstraction has one or more presetable
variables and users are not only able to but strongly encouraged to create
multiple instances of each of those abstractions without having to worry
about any of this (in that mode effectively every abstraction is treated
like a basic object).

Best,

Ico

--