[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 225, Issue 2

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Mon Dec 4 13:00:31 CET 2023

Hello,

On 04.12.23 10:55, Yann Seznec wrote:> As a side note, perhaps someone
more knowledgeable than me could update
> the version of Pd that is currently accessible from apt-get? I didn't
> mind compiling from source but it is pretty handy to be able to just do
> apt-get when setting up a new Pi.

I am unsure, if Raspberry Pi OS is based on Debian or is actually using
the Debian sources.

You can look that up in /etc/apt/sources.list or a file in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/

If it contains a line like

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free

or

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ bookworm main contrib non-free

then it is using Debian sources.
If that is the case, then add a similar line to get the packages for the
next version:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

That will enable the packages in Debian testing, but will overwrite a
lot of packages with an update.

To enable testing only for Puredata, have a look at apt-pinning:
https://wiki.debian.org/AptConfiguration

Hth,
Thomas
--
"When one's home has a really excellent computer capable of reaching
other computers anywhere in the Galaxy, one scarcely needs to budge."