[PD] GEM. pix_record producing 1 frame videos

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 20 20:04:37 CET 2024

On 2/20/24 17:50, altern wrote:
> This happens on windows 10 Enterprise with the latest PD with GEM installed
> via Deken. We also tried in another windows machine with similar results.

it *always* helps if you can state which exact platform you  are using,
not just which OS version (Pd-version, 32bit/64bit/...)

in the case of [pix_record] (and [pix_video], [pix_image] and [model])
Gem uses a plugin-system for the actual backends.
this is great, since it allows you to use Gem even if your system does
not have e.g. quicktime4linux installed, but if you do have
quicktime4linux installed you can just use it.
unfortunately this complicates debugging a bit, as I do not know which
plugins have successfully loaded on your system.

when loading Gem, the available (and usable) plugins should be printed
with something like:
 > video record plugins: QT4L V4L2

what does it say on your machine?

gfmdsar