[Pdweb] Re: Re:[PD] Re: [PD-dev] new pure-data.org

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Jun 20 10:20:56 CEST 2003

jfm3 writes:
>I would like to change www.pure-data.org to a redirector to your new
>site. Can you give me a good url for this? I realize you're still in a
>test phase, but what I see looks pretty good...

I have mapped  www.pure-data.org name on the site already, so you can change
any time you decide, so both domainames (should) work parallel.

Redirect  www.pure-data.org to 193.170.191.180

So some questions arises. You can change it on the dns server, but then
all mail, ftp, etc is also directed to this host.

a) Should we take over some email addresses or aliases ?

b) What kind of ftp-space should be taken over ?
   (I didnt see anyone but maybe there is)

not so important now but anyway:

c) What will you do with the domain in future ( who pays this ) ?

I saw on an hostname check:

 > host -CAL 1 www.pure-data.org
 www.pure-data.org NS record currently not present
 No nameservers for www.pure-data.org found

If you need an nameserver and secondary one, we have one., where we
can give you access to your records.

mfg Winfried