[Pdweb] Best way to do a FAQ

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Sep 28 02:32:01 CEST 2003

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 14:53 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hallo,

>> I agree. I was just testing out the idea, but a Wiki seems like the
>> best idea.  I removed the Topic.
>
> Does someone still have the old FAQ  from pd.org? We should probably
> review and import it then.
>
> Also a Collector, which is actually more for bug reports, might be a
> product to consider for a FAQ. I'm not quite decided...

I'll have to check out the Collector, but I think that a wiki makes a
lot of sense for the FAQ.  Plus its quite common for FAQs to be wikis
these days.

>> Next thing to figure out is how to do the tutorials and other docs.
>> I was thinking of trying a Topic, but I am not sure...
>
> I think a topic would be fine here, but topics are not exactly
> appealing to look at. So some editorial hand to collect these into
> nice looking overview pages might be needed, too.

I think that a Topic might lack the level of organization that this
would need.  It might just call for the human touch.

.hc