[Pdweb] platform_* images

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 7 17:31:38 CET 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 2:29 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Fedora is there, I can't find Ubuntu and FreeBSD, could you add
>
> they are called platform_bsd.gif (for legacy reasons; it has been
> around for more than a year) and platform_ubuntu_linux.gif (for
> consistency reasons: it is also called fedora_linux and suse_linux)

Cool, thanks, this looks much better now:

http://puredata.info/downloads

>> those?  As for switching, this page works fine.  I can just do a
>> search-n-replace on the text for a new release, so I can't
>> imagine  anything that's much easier to maintain.
>
> yeah right.
> still i think it does a way better job in arranging the projects in
> a readable way that does not imply that the only download you will
> ever be interested in is pd-extended.

Pd-extended is listed first on that page, since a lot more people
download pd-extended from that page than pd-vanilla (for the last two
releases of each, it's ~70k for PdE and ~24k for PdV).  Plus since Pd-
extended includes all the work of the community, it makes sense that
it would be the primary download on the community site.

.hc

> fgmadsr
> IOhannes
>

> and it does look better, imho :-)