[PD] PDa on HP IPAQ 5550

CK chris at lo-res.org
Mon Mar 14 18:18:53 CET 2005

re,

I read:
> >I use remote X11 forwarding that works fine
>
> OK, thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

mind you with guenter's tcl/tk on ipaq you'll also get those empty
object boxes and all the text will still sit in the upper left corner -
I meant to send this to the list some time ago, but I had to re-sub
pd-list since my sender adress slightly change during our last server
moving.

> Sorry, can you clarify? Is there an OSC object compiled somewhere for
> the ARM? And if it's server only, does that mean it can't receive OSC
> messages???

OSC should come with pda butg only the server side i.e. dumpOSC so you
can receive but not send.

> Will try this as well. Right now, "ipkg update" isn't working for me,
> seems it can't find its way to the WIFI, even though everything else can.

try the iw* cmd line utilities (I always have to rerun udhcpc eth1 after
sleep) those GUI tools that come with gpe/opie are a bit .. ahem ...

> Yup, only getting sound out the speaker. Since my project depends on
> using the record line-in, I better get this one sorted out fast! The
> Audio Settings menu lists only "OSS Device #1", so I don't think I'm
> using ALSA at all. Is that a different kernel or module set than what
> comes stock in Familiar?

I tried several things and dug up some info on this on irc and google,
I'll see if I can find my notes and bookmarks and pass them on to you.

> Maybe you know, can the 5550 record stereo from the line in? I was under
> the impression it is only a mono input.

0 idea sorry,

take care,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better