[PD] readanysf~: use two versions of Flext?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Mar 16 02:17:05 CET 2005

Hi August,
i had a look and though i didn't find out the exact cause of the
crashes, there's an easy workaround that we already discussed a while
ago. Why not simply #define FLEXT_NOGLOBALNEW so that flext doesn't
override the global memory operators? There's no problem with that - one
can nevertheless link to the shared flext library, since those operators
are inlined.
It works for me - i have readanysf~ running with the latest flext cvs
version.
Attached are the adapted configure.ac and src/Makefile.am files for
current flext.

best greetings,
Thomas

august schrieb:

>>Apart from that i still can't imagine that the problem with readanysf~
>>is unsolvable... i hope i once find the time to look into it.
>>

>I also hope to find time to look into it. ...but that won't be for a
>while.
>
>Thomas, the problem occurs when I delete() an object, specifically an
>object who's class is derived from a virtual class.  could this have
>something to do with it?
>
>for instance, I have a virtual class, Readsf, from which all other classes
>are derived, ReadMad, ReadVorbis, etc.
>
>so, when I create an object, I declare something like:
>
>	Readsf *readsf;
>	readsf = new ReadMad();
>	delete(readsf);
>	readsf = new ReadOgg();
>
>with flext 4.7, it crashes when you try to delete(readsf)
>
>am I mising something in my destructors?
>

>best & thanks -august.

Thomas Grill
gr at grrrr.org
+43 699 19715543