[PD] midiout broken

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 11:42:11 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 21:06 +0100, günter geiger wrote:
<snip>

> FYI the ALSA midi code was contributed by Pablo Martin, I put the
> warning into the sys_putmidibyte() function, because, as Miller says
> it seemed to be a pain to implement this function correctly.
>
> Anyhow, steve implemented the function.
>
> Well, so far the history, see
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ay7qd
>
> for more. Anyhow if you want to submit a bug report, please do it against
> the latest version, in this case it would have been important because the code
> changed and noone is probably going to fix 0.38 devel anymore.

Sorry about that. I don't use devel, I just wanted to see if this
particular feature was broken in devel as well as Miller's version. It
didn't occur to me to use the CVS! The problem still exists in both
Miller's latest version, and the latest devel version, so I have re-
submitted the bug for devel.

If a bug exists in both devel and Miller, is it best to submit the same
report for both, or just one?

Jamie