[PD] Re: Compiling Gem on debian 64

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Nov 27 05:00:26 CET 2005

gr()und wrote:

>hello wade,
>
>since longer i follow your pioneering efforts in making pd run on 64bit
>linux.. i started today and have problems compiling gltt - it gives me
>exactly the same error as you... i've checked the gltt archives on
>sourceforge but i could find any reply to your mail.. how did you get
>through that and are there any caveats which i should know about?
>is there something like a report on making pd & externals run on 64bit
>linux ?
>
>regards,
>
>gnd/

I think I heard the FTGL superceeded GLTT so I just used FTGL. If I
remember correctly. I am using 32-bit linux now because arrays arn't
handled well in PD in 64-bit, and I got tired of not being able to use
arrays.
One guy offered to fix PD arrays for 64-bit (yes, I know there is no
"good" solution, but I think that is simply because it would be a larger
rewrite to make array pointers able to be 32 or 64 bit at build), but I
would have to buy him a 64-bit machine. I would do that if I had the
money, but right now I live in the most expensive city in American and I
do not have a job...

Anyways, I hope that helps.
-thewade