[PD] Trying to figure out why video in Gem is running soooo slow

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 7 01:36:56 CET 2008

hi jim

i am not sure, but to me it sounds similar to this issue of gem's bug
tracker:

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1771966&group_id=64325&atid=507079

not sure again, but this seems to be related as well:

[2]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1849190&group_id=64325&atid=507079

on my box, i have the problems described in [1]. not that this would be
a long term solution, but in certain cases it helped to destroy and
recreate the gemwin a second time.

just out of curiosity:
when you watch a movie with the help of [pix_film] and the
too-slow-problem is triggered, does it show the full frame? on my box, i
encountered, that when i trigger the bug, it's not only very slow, but
it also displays only a portion of the original frame and scales it up
to the rectangle.

roman