[PD] [PD-announce] pdp 0.14.0

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 15 16:09:27 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-15 15:26, Tom Schouten wrote:

>> btw, is 3dp supposed to work? loading "pdp_opengl" gives me an
>> error "undefined symbol: pdp_xwindow_create_on_display". indeed
>> this symbol is used (and even exported via pdp_xwindow.h) but
>> nowhere implemented.
>
> in pdp 0.14.0, pdp/opengl is not yet ported to zl.
>
> last weekend i added a rough draft in my darcs repo, just getting
> the old code the point of compilation on top of zl.

cool

> it "does something" but probably needs some fixes.  a merge with
> the 3D code in pf is next.

i don't know what "does something" means, but it sounds like a good start.

> further tests might expose the glx window close problem as they now
> use the same code.

that might have been a false alarm.
i haven't been able to reproduce the problem now on two different
machines (one with an intel gfx card, the other with nvidia drivers);
the machine with the ati-radeon card might have a different problem.

> for contribs, would it help if I convert the repo format to git and
> put it on github? i was never a fan of svn, but git i can live
> with..

:-)
git is my preferred vcs, but i'm not sure whether i will be able to
contribute much in the near future. semester has just started and i'm
burried in work.

fgasdmr
IOhannes